HPDriver.exe removal instruction.
HPDriver.exe stands for a virus of a trojan that infects PC to mine digital currency. If you own Zcash, Monero, Bitcoin, Litecoin, DarkCoin or Ethereum, you should be especially alert these days. All threats activities are hidden till the last moment.
HPDriver.exe can be used to generate cryptocurrency without your consent. Post it gets installed onto your PC, the HPDriver.exe configures itself to run automatically when Windows OS is switched on. When it automatically starts, it will perform a highly complex computation by using your computer’s CPU or graphics cards resources to mine crypto currencies. HPDriver.exe makes your PC run very slow, so the creators of the digital currency miner decided to generate digital money by leveraging the GPU and CPU of affected your PC.
The HPDriver.exe Trojan Miner appears in the system and has next symptoms:
- Abnormal usage of the CPU and graphics cards.
- Stuttering and freezing of the games without adequate conditions for this.
- You notice vulnerable applications and tools that you haven’t installed.
- Suspicious stucking of the mouse.
Delete the HPDriver.exe Trojan Miner once and forever without any troubles. Proven and time-tasted anti-malware application like GridinSoft Anti-Malware tool will deal with this computer threat in several clicks only. Prevent the same troubles in the future with regular scanning.
HPDriver.exe removal guide
STEP 1. Remove HPDriver.exe virus from the browser
First of all, HPDriver.exe is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by HPDriver.exe, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and HPDriver.exe has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that HPDriver.exe hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove HPDriver.exe traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed HPDriver.exe!
Video guide on how to remove HPDriver.exe from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with HPDriver.exe in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.