How to uninstall Windows XP Recovery virus. Automatic and manual guide on removal of Windows XP Recovery scam
Windows XP Recovery is a fake PC analysis and optimization tool that tends to misinform innocent users in order to scare them into thinking that their system is under menace of damage. Keep in mind that Windows XP Recovery is brought inside of your system by means of Trojans that show false error notifications and warning alerts on the attacked machine. All such messages will persuade that there are some issues with the PC HDD. Doing these all above mentioned steps they hope to trick the potential victim to download and install Windows XP Recovery that allegedly can eliminate all malfunctions. When the user hits on these messages, Windows XP Recovery l automatically downloads and installs onto the workstation.
Upon installation, Windows XP Recovery tunes up itself in such a way that it will be started automatically with every Windows Start up. From this time Windows XP Recovery begins to implement its harmful plot: displays various error messages when the user tries to run programs or delete files. Windows XP Recovery arranges the PC checkup, which finally detects a lot of errors and it possible to repair them on the condition the user buys their registered version of Windows XP Recovery only. This bogus defragmenter device indicates that it is necessary to launch in Safe Mode and then displays a fake Safe Mode background that feigns to defrag the PC. It goes without saying that this program is the rogue application and it worth no trusting. Just ignore it.
At first sight it may look that computer does not function properly, Windows XP Recovery l also arranges things in such way that some folders display no contents. When opening these folders, such as C:\Windows\System32\ or different drive letters, instead of seeing the usual list of files it instead displays a different folder’s contents or makes it as if the folder shows no information. It is fabricated to make it look like there is a corruption on your hard drive that is causing your files to not be shown. Windows XP Recovery does this by adding hidden attributes to all of your files, which causes your files to become hidden. It makes some change of your Windows settings so that you cannot see hidden and system files. So, in order to make the PC works correctly, it is necessary to use decent anti-spyware product. We recommend you to use GridinSoft Trojan Killer. Please, read the removal guidance below.
Windows XP Recovery automatic remover:
1. Download the latest version of GridinSoft Trojan Killer to clear (not infected) computer and install it.
2. Update the virus database.
3. Copy the entire folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” to your jump drive (memory stick). Normally it is located at the following path: (C:\Program Files\GridinSoft Trojan Killer). “C” stands for the system disk of your computer. The name of the system disk, however, can be marked with another letter.
4. Open your jump drive (memory stick). Find the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” there. Open it , find the file under the name “trojankiller.exe” and rename it to “iexplore.exe”.
5. Move memory stick to infected PC, open “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” folder and run iexplore.exe. Optional: copy the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” from your jump drive to some other folder created on your PC and run “iexplore.exe”.
The procedure of removal of Windows XP Recovery virus is shown in the video below:
Windows XP Recovery modifies your file system in such a manner that all files and folders become hidden. In order to remove this “hidden” attribute users may download the application called Unhider from this site https://trojan-killer.net/download/unhider.exe and run it. File and folder system should be restored back to normal mode. Please carefully watch the video guide below which will explain to you how to restore your files, folders, desktop, icons and programs in the Start menu.
Windows XP Recovery manual removal guide:
Delete Windows XP Recovery files:
%Desktop%\Windows XP Recovery.lnk
%Programs%\Windows XP Recovery
%Programs%\Windows XP Recovery\Windows XP Recovery.lnk
Delete Windows XP Recovery registry entries: