We made this post in order to tell you about the removal of Windows Vista Recovery scam. We are really sorry if your computer got infected with Windows Vista Recovery virus. The only aim of Windows Vista Recovery is to scare you into purchasing its so-called full version, which is as useless as the trial one.
Windows Vista Recovery tends to hide your desktop resulting in missing files, folders, “empty” list of programs in the Start menu and other malicious results of Windows Vista Recovery presence inside of your system. Then Windows Vista Recovery would offer you to pay for its full version to have them fixed. Keep in mind that this is all the job of Windows Vista Recovery virus. If you purchase it you are just wasting your money, cause Windows Vista Recovery will not be able to fix real problems. You need to remove Windows Vista Recovery malware to prevent further damage of your PC. Windows Vista Recovery removal is similar to that of Windows XP Recovery and Windows 7 Recovery. Please read these articles, watch the video guide and you will find out how to get rid of Windows Vista Recovery pest and how to restore your missing files, icons and folders.
In order to restore your missing icons, files and folders you may download the free application from GridinSoft LLC called Unhider and fix the malicious interferences implemented by Windows Vista Recovery malware.
Windows Vista Recovery automatic remover:
1. Download the latest version of GridinSoft Trojan Killer to clear (not infected) computer and install it.
2. Update the virus database.
3. Copy the entire folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” to your jump drive (memory stick). Normally it is located at the following path: (C:\Program Files\GridinSoft Trojan Killer). “C” stands for the system disk of your computer. The name of the system disk, however, can be marked with another letter.
4. Open your jump drive (memory stick). Find the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” there. Open it , find the file under the name “trojankiller.exe” and rename it to “iexplore.exe”.
5. Move memory stick to infected PC, open “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” folder and run iexplore.exe. Optional: copy the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” from your jump drive to some other folder created on your PC and run “iexplore.exe”.
Windows Vista Recovery modifies your file system in such a manner that all files and folders become hidden. In order to remove this “hidden” attribute users may download the application called Unhider from this site https://trojan-killer.net/download/unhider.exe and run it. File and folder system should be restored back to normal mode. In order to restore your desktop theme go to c:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\ and remove the file with *.jpg extension. Then reboot your PC.
Windows Vista Recovery manual removal guide:
Delete Windows Vista Recovery files:
%Desktop%\Windows Vista Recovery.lnk
%Programs%\Windows Vista Recovery
%Programs%\Windows Vista Recovery\Windows Vista Recovery.lnk
Delete Windows Vista Recovery registry entries: