Essential Cleaner virus is continuing the traditions of infecting computers worldwide after MS Removal Tool and System Tool infections. Taking its origin from the Russian Federation, Essential Cleaner is indeed capable of “cleaning” the wallets of unwary users. As far as removal of real threats and viruses is concerned, Essential Cleaner is totally idle and useless.
As soon as Essential Cleaner is successfully installed, launched and is running it will generate bogus system scans of your PC and indicate that there are lots of viruses present inside of it, but will not let you remove them if you do not first buy the rogue program of Essential Cleaner. It is of crucial importance to clearly state that Essential Cleaner is developed in order to present fictitious scan reports regardless of whether or not your computer is attacked with real threats. Hence, please do not be scared too much if this scareware states your PC is polluted with viruses. Essential Cleaner will also prevent you from running any executables that you may try to run in order to protect itself from being removed. When you try to run any application, it will terminate that program’s process and then present bogus error warning. Just as the scan reports, this warning is totally fake and must therefore be entirely disregarded. Please remember that while Essential Cleaner is running it will also show fake security alerts and warnings coming up from your Windows taskbar. These alerts are developed and thrown up in front of you in order to scare you into thinking that your system is hugely infected and that you should purchase the rogue to protect your PC.
This malware also is known to modify the theme and the background of your Windows desktop in order to show its GUI over-the-top of your normal Windows desktop preferred wallpaper. Just like the bogus scan reports and warnings, you should not even worry about all such message as they just are methods that the malware developers are using to try and scare you into purchasing Essential Cleaner virus. Hence, Essential Cleaner was formed solely to make you think that your workstation is infected so that you will then buy the rogue. Needless to say, you should definitely not buy Essential Cleaner, no matter how persuasive it might sound or seem to be. In order to delete Essential Cleaner please refer to the removal guidelines provided below.
Essential Cleaner automatic remover:
1. Open your browser and insert this text into the address field: trojan-killer.net/download/explorer.exe. Press Enter.
2. Run explorer.exe . This application called Process Killer terminates Essential Cleaner virus on your computer.
3. Close Process Killer application and download the latest version of GridinSoft Trojan Killer to your infected computer, install and run it.
If you cannot remove Essential Cleaner then watch the video carefully again. It tells how to perform the removal job of Essential Cleaner.
Essential Cleaner manual removal:
Delete Essential Cleaner files:
- %Documents and Settings%\All Users\Application Data\[random]\
- %Documents and Settings%\All Users\Application Data\[random]\[random].exe
- %Documents and Settings%\All Users\Application Data\[random]\[random].mof
- %Documents and Settings%\All Users\Application Data\[random]\[random].dll
- %Documents and Settings%\All Users\Application Data\[random]\[random].ocx
- %Documents and Settings%\All Users\Application Data\[random]\[random]\
- %UserProfile%\Application Data\Essential Cleaner\
- %UserProfile%\Application Data\Essential Cleaner\cookies.sqlite
- %UserProfile%\Application Data\Essential Cleaner\Instructions.ini
Delete Essential Cleaner registry entries:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download “RunInvalidSignatures” = “1″
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “ProxyServer” = “http=127.0.0.1″
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “Essential Cleaner″
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options “Debugger” = “svchost.exe”