How to terminate the process of malware
This is the guide explaining the easy procedure of terminating the process of malware (virus infection). Right now the major problem when removing malware from infected PCs is the issue of stopping the process of such malware. When you actually succeed to stop the malicous process effectively, then you will surely be able to delete the very source of the infection with the reliable security software available. So, if your computer has become the dwelling place of any sort of rogue security software, please follow the steps below that will help you kill its process.
Milestones to kill virus process
- Use “Win + E” hotkey command on your keyboard. This will open Windows Explorer.
- In the address field insert the following link: http://gridinsoft.com/downloads/KillProc.zip
- Save this KillProc.zip file onto your Desktop.
- Hold “Shift” key on your keyboard and right-click KillProc.zip
- Select “Open with…“
- In the windows that comes up select “Browse“
- Find the program called Windows Explorer as the one that will open this KillProc.zip archive. The location for this program is C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
- Click “Open“.
- In the “Open with…” window select “Windows Explorer” and click “OK“.
- Open KillProc archive and copy 2 files onto your Desktop – autoscan.dat and explorer.exe
- Run explorer.exe
- Click “Automatic Scan“
- The message should come up, you need to click “Yes“.
- The process of malware should be killed.
- Alternatively, you may type the window title of virus program (observing capital letters) and then click “Scan“. Once the malware is found you will be able to stop its process.
- Now it’s time to download and run GridinSoft Trojan Killer to remove malware.