Honor Ransomware brings a lot of benefits to hackers if it gets to the computer. It doesn’t have a complex structure, however, it is very effective. As a result, users often come across with it online. The only way out is reinstallation of the current system, or you won’t eliminate this ransomware. Unfortunately, users will have to say goodbye to their computer stuff.
The Honor Ransomware popping-up windows presence is not recommended ignoring if you still have control over the device. Quick scan of the system is the best remedy, it will detect the ransomware that makes you suffering from these alerts. Of course, one more scenario concerns unlocking the PC with the help of technical support. Its contact often take place in the same adverts. However, do not trust such support teams, they are likely to be fakes.
When the money is received by hackers of Honor Ransomware, users will get the decryption keys for a while. But don’t rush to salute it because it will also hover around you to take another chance. It could do more harm to the doomed-and-gloomed users. It will bring in viruses, malware, and the recipients have to take them because the liability. You will find that it looms around your PC in the future.
In case you want to stop Honor Ransomware and save your computer items, we recommend you to delete it as soon as possible.
Honor Ransomware removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Honor Ransomware virus from the browser
First of all, Honor Ransomware is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Honor Ransomware, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Honor Ransomware has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Honor Ransomware hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Honor Ransomware traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Honor Ransomware!
Video guide on how to remove Honor Ransomware from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Honor Ransomware in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.