How to remove MyVideoTab extension?
The MyVideoTab pop-ups refer to the malware that generates them. We classify it as unwanted browser extension i.e. PUA (potentially unwanted application) or PUP (potentially unwanted program). Probably you have already seen many promotion advertisements thanks to this adware.
It’s not surprising that users consider MyVideoTab as a virus. They’re not used to malware differentiation and don’t know where they could take it from. Scammers know that end-users skip most of the installation steps and that is how this extension gets access to your browser and appears somewhere in the background.
If you are going to install free software from a shady site, you should know that there is a big risk to infect the system. We advise you to be careful during initial installation process. Select Advanced settings and avoid Typical installation. Hackers often bundle free software with unwanted programs to spread them all over the Internet. There is no difficulty, just look through installation steps and uncheck the option “Install MyVideoTab” (if any).
However, don’t be upset if you rushed through installation steps and installed MyVideoTab on your PC. Your system files, accounts and passwords will be in safe place with our GridinSoft Anti-Malware program. So mentioned computer threat can be easily removed with the help of detailed guide, you can find it below.
MyVideoTab removal guide
STEP 1. Remove MyVideoTab virus from the browser
First of all, MyVideoTab is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by MyVideoTab, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and MyVideoTab has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that MyVideoTab hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove MyVideoTab traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed MyVideoTab!
Video guide on how to remove MyVideoTab from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with MyVideoTab in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.