MapsVoyage junk advertisement banners refer to malware activity in the system as it produces these irritating alerts in the browser to generate traffic to the sites marked as Ads by MapsVoyage, brought by MapsVoyage or powered by MapsVoyage. And this process is not so easily stopped.
Reports about the MapsVoyage malware presence may not come to the owner’s knowledge as currently working malware can deceive your antivirus. It is potentially unwanted software that is pretty bad for the system and really overloads the infected computer. Consequently, you need to eliminate it.
Despite how good the software is, try to use only respectful resources to stay away from the MapsVoyage malware and all consequences it has to the infected PC. Potentially unwanted objects may appear after visiting random sites where they can click on malicious link and start a dangerous process. Use software which has been designed with the purpose to detect and delete computer threats and keep the system clean.
Avoid the headache concerning the MapsVoyage malware and generated pop-ups with the help of the malware cleaner that eliminates this current threat and many others that can appear in the future. The short guide you see below will help you to do everything fast and efficiently.
MapsVoyage removal guide
STEP 1. Remove MapsVoyage virus from the browser
First of all, MapsVoyage is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by MapsVoyage, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and MapsVoyage has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that MapsVoyage hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove MapsVoyage traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed MapsVoyage!
Video guide on how to remove MapsVoyage from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with MapsVoyage in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.