garlanca.com is a junk malware or so-called redirect virus that attacks browsers and infects the system when the owner is installing malicious application that aims to spoil normal performance of the computer. Such virus presence spoils normal performance of the computer and leads to the complete compromising of the PC. Delete this computer infection as soon as possible.
We would like to emphasize the most important issues about garlanca.com malware. It provokes redirects to the random sites without user’s direct intention, moreover, malicious application ruins the performance of the browser overloading it with a bunch of advertisement banners and slows down Internet loading.
Commonly, garlanca.com virus appears when Internet visitors are doing Google, Yahoo or Bing search. Cyber criminals use this computer threat for gaining profit from the generated traffic. In such a way, hackers aim to infect as many computers as possible and spread garlanca.com malware on the Web. To make sure that there is something odd and useless in the system full scan the system. While you are waiting, hackers are collecting sales leads for other dubious sites.
garlanca.com malware has negative effect on the system, delete it with GridinSoft Anti-Malware application, it also reveals all unwanted objects and delete them easily. It is a real cleaner that keeps the device safe. All steps are clearly explained in the guidance below.
garlanca.com removal guide
STEP 1. Remove garlanca.com virus from the browser
First of all, garlanca.com is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by garlanca.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and garlanca.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that garlanca.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove garlanca.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed garlanca.com!
Video guide on how to remove garlanca.com from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with garlanca.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.