How to remove gamesNet Search extension?
We may say that gamesNet Search item is unwanted browser extension or in other words it is adware. It is installed as a legitimate add-on, in fact, it has been made with absolutely malicious purposes. You will see many advertisements, based on your search query because it has penetrated the system.
The gamesNet Search alerts are strong indicator of defense problems. Installed due to the human error malware often encourages installation of more unwanted applications that pretend to be useful utilities.
If you are going to install free software from a shady site, you should know that there is a big risk to infect the system. We advise you to be careful during initial installation process. Select Advanced settings and avoid Typical installation. Hackers often bundle free software with unwanted programs to spread them all over the Internet. There is no difficulty, just look through installation steps and uncheck the option “Install gamesNet Search” (if any).
Regular advertisement pop-ups in the browser like gamesNet Search notifications are really annoying. If you want to remove it, then simply follow the instruction below. It will help you eliminate this extension and other threats (if any) with our GridinSoft Anti-Malware program.
gamesNet Search removal guide
STEP 1. Remove gamesNet Search virus from the browser
First of all, gamesNet Search is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by gamesNet Search, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and gamesNet Search has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that gamesNet Search hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove gamesNet Search traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed gamesNet Search!
Video guide on how to remove gamesNet Search from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with gamesNet Search in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.