Browser hijacker like Search.searchfstn.com is a popular computer threat that compromises the system, injects own Fast Speed Test Now search engine instead of the typical one and disturbs normal browsing with constant redirections and popping-up windows. Continue reading to know how to cope with situation.
Software like Search.searchfstn.com has malicious purposes and refers to the computer threats. It is a bad idea to continue using fake search engine because it has been developed by cyber criminals to monetize your PC and steal personal information.
This Search.searchfstn.com fake page stays in the browser extremely long if do nothing with it. You need to understand that there is dangerous application that can steal your private details, transfer them to malicious users and achieve benefits from spying your computer actions. That is why, next time be really careful while installing any software taken on the random freeware resources. Keep security applications up to date and think twice before doing any suspicious action.
Right now you must get rid of the Search.searchfstn.com hijacker and all interconnected to it files. Try GridinSoft Anti-Malware application to eliminate the threat and increase the level of your security. There is an effective guidance below, it will help you to deal with the rubbish you already have.
Search.searchfstn.com removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Search.searchfstn.com virus from the browser
First of all, Search.searchfstn.com is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Search.searchfstn.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Search.searchfstn.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Search.searchfstn.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Search.searchfstn.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Search.searchfstn.com!
Video guide on how to remove Search.searchfstn.com from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Search.searchfstn.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.