Penetration of W32.Troj.Agent Trojan is difficult to be detected at once. It is a difficult process that tries to lead all its activities secretly to stay longer in the system. As you may know, hackers need a lot of typical computers to mine digital currency, and you can be absolutely sure that this Trojan penetrated your computer with this concrete purpose. The ability to hide deeply in the background and conduct its activities helps this hazardous computer threat to live long.
Computer threats have different purposes about the targeted computer. This particular W32.Troj.Agent Trojan haunts cryptocurrency and uses infected computers to mine BitCoins and other digital money. It steals CPU power to conduct its activities and can install other potentially unwanted objects (adware, spyware, ransomware, keyloggers) to hijack computer completely and turn it into a robot.
There are some symptoms which we want to share here to dispel doubts about W32.Troj.Agent Trojan Miner presence onto your computer. So, pay your attention to the freezing and stuttering that previously have not happened to the programs. If webpages load too long, that is also a bad sign. Plenty of Internet visitors complained on the immovable cursor despite the movements of the mouse. If you have one or several of these symptoms, it is right time to scan your system with anti-malware scanner. It will track the threat and prevent the leakage of your personal data.
To deal with the W32.Troj.Agent Trojan and forget about sad sire of its activity, try GridinSoft Anti-Malware tool in action and you will have no more problems with such malware. The system will stay clean all the time. The guidance below will help you to keep the system clean.
W32.Troj.Agent removal guide
STEP 1. Remove W32.Troj.Agent virus from the browser
First of all, W32.Troj.Agent is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by W32.Troj.Agent, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and W32.Troj.Agent has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that W32.Troj.Agent hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove W32.Troj.Agent traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed W32.Troj.Agent!
Video guide on how to remove W32.Troj.Agent from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with W32.Troj.Agent in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.