Trojan.Agent.Generic software is probably what anyone can get on the PC under the condition that security has vulnerabilities. Typically, hackers are haunting computers to mine digital currency with the help of their resources and capacity. They place this computer threat on the platforms where Internet visitors may come across with the item.
Once the Trojan.Agent.Generic Trojan is here, it does not show up, iy hides in the background making own detection complicated. Cyber criminals may hijack computer, mine digital currency, get remote access to the system and so on due to this Trojan.
Software like Trojan.Agent.Generic Trojan can be easily detected by anti-malware scanner if it is on the PC. Add this program to increase the level of security and have opportunity to secure your data. Avoid programs on the suspicious freeware resources even if they look like legitimate ones. Take care of your system applications, keep them up to date because developers often add vital modifications that have positive effect on the PC performance.
Trojan.Agent.Generic Trojan will become a memory just when GridinSoft Anti-Malware tool comes into action and you will have no more problems with such malware. The system will stay clean all the time. The guidance below will help you to keep the system clean.
Trojan.Agent.Generic removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Trojan.Agent.Generic virus from the browser
First of all, Trojan.Agent.Generic is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Trojan.Agent.Generic, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Trojan.Agent.Generic has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Trojan.Agent.Generic hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Trojan.Agent.Generic traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Trojan.Agent.Generic!
Video guide on how to remove Trojan.Agent.Generic from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Trojan.Agent.Generic in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.