How to get rid of the MapMyWayFree extension adverts?
MapMyWayFree extension is not what users think first. Taken on the suspicious platform extension is worth elimination. If users sees notifications about Google Chrome browser extension, it means that his PC is most likely infected with adware or spyware designed to remind a real legal extension.
The MapMyWayFree adware appears in the system after the installation of the cost-free software or other utilities taken on the random platforms. Malware is attached to such utilities as built-in tool or partner software.
Typically, MapMyWayFree malware or adware if to be more detailed penetrates the system with installed toll-free applications. User can omit malware samples if he reads EULAs, pay attention to the attached tools and partner software. That is not so difficult to stay away from it. Custom Installation helps to track the threats before they appear in the system and ban their installation.
Okay, now you know all crucial moments of MapMyWayFree adware penetration and activities. Use our GridinSoft Anti-Malware cleaner as you see in the instructions below to remove it.
MapMyWayFree removal guide
STEP 1. Remove MapMyWayFree virus from the browser
First of all, MapMyWayFree is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by MapMyWayFree, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and MapMyWayFree has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that MapMyWayFree hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove MapMyWayFree traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed MapMyWayFree!
Video guide on how to remove MapMyWayFree from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with MapMyWayFree in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.