Penetration of GOffer.exe Trojan is difficult to be detected at once. It is a difficult process that tries to lead all its activities secretly to stay longer in the system. As you may know, hackers need a lot of typical computers to mine digital currency, and you can be absolutely sure that this Trojan penetrated your computer with this concrete purpose. The ability to hide deeply in the background and conduct its activities helps this hazardous computer threat to live long.
When GOffer.exe trojan finds the way to the system, the owners of the infected PCs do not notice any obvious signs of this invasion. However, there are some tips that can help to indicate this type of computer threat. General slowness of the PC productivity is one of such signs. If you noticed freezings of programs, it is right time to scan your PC. Do not wait till the last moment when troubles become irreversible.
Those who want to stay away from GOffer.exe Trojan know that they should not install anything on the random freeware download resources. Or at least, read download agreements before doing the installation steps to prevent appearance of the malicious items onto your computer. Do not surf the Internet mindlessly and avoid social networks with a lot of advertisements banners. Sadly, but they are really well-spread on the Web. Fortunately, computer threats will not find the way to the system if security is working properly and all databases are updated. Take care of your security and mind your online actions to avoid detecting this and many other hazardous items onto your computer.
To deal with the GOffer.exe Trojan and forget about sad sire of its activity, try GridinSoft Anti-Malware tool in action and you will have no more problems with such malware. The system will stay clean all the time. The guidance below will help you to keep the system clean.
GOffer.exe removal guide
STEP 1. Remove GOffer.exe virus from the browser
First of all, GOffer.exe is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by GOffer.exe, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and GOffer.exe has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that GOffer.exe hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove GOffer.exe traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed GOffer.exe!
Video guide on how to remove GOffer.exe from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with GOffer.exe in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.