How to get rid of Critical Hard Disk Drive Error phony popup message
We would like to warn you of Critical Hard Disk Drive Error pop-up message. Bear in mind that is a scam and fake notification accompanying the bogus antispyware programs, such as Windows Fix Disk, System Restore and some others, of which we have previously warned you. Remember that Critical Hard Disk Drive Error can be confusing due to the fact that, similar to the applications it comes with, it seems like a decent message originated by Windows OS. It literally says this:
The only aim of this scam pop-up is to make you believe into the fake system scans run by Windows Repair (or whatever malware your PC is infected with) so that you would finally make up your mind to buy its so-called full version, which is as useless as the trial one. You might be wondering how to remove Critical Hard Disk Drive Error and all annoying pop-ups originated by it. Here’s how to get rid of Critical Hard Disk Drive Error. There are two ways of doing this – either automatically or manually. The choice is all yours.
Critical Hard Disk Drive Error automatic remover:
1. Download the latest version of GridinSoft Trojan Killer to clear (not infected) computer and install it.
2. Update the virus database.
3. Copy the entire folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” to your jump drive (memory stick). Normally it is located at the following path: (C:\Program Files\GridinSoft Trojan Killer). “C” stands for the system disk of your computer. The name of the system disk, however, can be marked with another letter.
4. Open your jump drive (memory stick). Find the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” there. Open it , find the file under the name “trojankiller.exe” and rename it to “iexplore.exe”.
5. Move memory stick to infected PC, open “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” folder and run iexplore.exe. Optional: copy the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” from your jump drive to some other folder created on your PC and run “iexplore.exe”.
Critical Hard Disk Drive Error manual removal guide:
Delete virus files:
%Desktop%\Windows Fix Disk.lnk
%Programs%\Windows Fix Disk
%Programs%\Windows Fix Disk\Windows Fix Disk.lnk
Delete virus registry entries: