Internet visitors who come across with StalinLocker alerts feel stress. The notifications appeal with the threatening messages. The threat that generates such alarms may even block the access to your computer till you pay some money to obtain an unlocking key. Unfortunately, that is not the end of the troubles with this computer threat. Once you agree to pay, you will have to do it more and more.
Typically, users who face StalinLocker ransomware and alerting messages do not know what to do with the malicious item because it hides somewhere in the system and is undetected by antivirus software. Cyber criminals attach ransomware samples to the software Internet visitors can get for free to divert their attention and confuse running antivirus.
When StalinLocker blocks your OS, it does it for the money revenue. If you agree to pay, it will never stop alerting you and blocking the system. That is why we recommend avoiding any interaction with the alarming messages. It is better to scan the system as fast as possible and eliminate the threat before it steals your credit card information and gets access to your money.
In short, StalinLocker malware is a kind of big problem if you do nothing except ignoring it. Get rid of this computer threat with GridinSoft Anti-Malware tool and save your computer items before you still have time to do it.
StalinLocker removal guide
STEP 1. Remove StalinLocker virus from the browser
First of all, StalinLocker is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by StalinLocker, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and StalinLocker has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that StalinLocker hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove StalinLocker traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed StalinLocker!
Video guide on how to remove StalinLocker from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with StalinLocker in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.