How to Fix Scarab-Walker Ransomware?
Scarab-Walker alerts scary Internet visitors more than any other kind of notifications. It is logical as the fact that some of the files (or the whole system!) have been encrypted is terrible. We classify this malicious software as dangerous one and say that it is better to prevent the appearance of this computer threat than try to find a solution against it.
You will prevent a lot of bloatware like the Scarab-Walker ransomware from being installed if you pay more attention to the installed items, they often contain malware samples attached to them. It goes without saying that it is better to prevent the threat than find a solution.
Ransomware that produces Scarab-Walker alarms will have negative impact on the system performance. It can encrypt particular files on your computer and force you to pay money for returning access to them. This malicious application will try to blackmail you with warnings that you must urgently pay or you are going to lose your privacy. Hackers can track all your financial information and then swipe all money from your card. You can eliminate the threat on the PC with the help of malware tracking programs.
In short, Scarab-Walker malware is a kind of big problem if you do nothing except ignoring it. Get rid of this computer threat with GridinSoft Anti-Malware tool and save your computer items before you still have time to do it.
Scarab-Walker removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Scarab-Walker virus from the browser
First of all, Scarab-Walker is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Scarab-Walker, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Scarab-Walker has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Scarab-Walker hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Scarab-Walker traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Scarab-Walker!
Video guide on how to remove Scarab-Walker from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Scarab-Walker in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.