Softwaream.com is the name of the web-page telling false data about the virus program named Antivirus Monitor. This is a typical rogue that claims to be some good anti-virus program but is not such in fact.
Antivirus Monitor falsely tells user the fake information about some horrible malware identified during the fake scan. Then Antivirus Monitor tells that such viruses must be eliminated as soon as possible. One of the most threatening things about this junkware is that it penetrates inside of the machine without the user’s consent or authorization in most of the cases. In addition to the main results of its persistent stay on your computer such as Registry mess and presenting fake reports about viruses supposedly identified, Antivirus Monitor also hijacks the web browser on the attacked PC. That’s the feature we would like to tell you about now, since it is directly connected to Softwaream.com hijacker. If this fake anti-malware is on your computer, you will turn out to be unable to browse the sites you prefer to visit. On the contrary, you will be rerouted to Softwaream.com each time. The reason why such cyber crooks want you to visit this page is because Softwaream.com is the payment processing resourсe where you will be offered to buy Antivirus Monitor. That’s why this hijacking trick has the only purpose – to make user buy this scam called Antivirus Monitor. Please do not believe this fake information given by Softwaream.com and Antivirus Monitor, nor should you trust the scan reports and popup ads originated by Antivirus Monitor. In order to terminate this annoying redirect you will have to remove the malicious program called Antivirus Monitor. Below please find the detailed removal instructions on how to remove Antivirus Monitor and its hijacker called Softwaream.com.
Antivirus Monitor and Softwaream.com hijacker automatic remover:
1. Download the latest version of GridinSoft Trojan Killer to clear (not infected) computer and install it.
2. Update the virus database.
3. Copy the entire folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” to your jump drive (memory stick). Normally it is located at the following path: (C:\Program Files\GridinSoft Trojan Killer). “C” stands for the system disk of your computer. The name of the system disk, however, can be marked with another letter.
4. Open your jump drive (memory stick). Find the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” there. Open it , find the file under the name “trojankiller.exe” and rename it to “iexplore.exe”.
5. Move memory stick to infected PC, open “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” folder and run iexplore.exe. Optional: copy the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” from your jump drive to some other folder created on your PC and run “iexplore.exe”.
Antivirus Monitor and Softwaream.com hijacker manual removal guide:
Instructions on how to restore your Internet connection:
1. Start Internet Explorer and click on the Tools menu and then select Internet Options as shown in the image below:
2. Select Connections tab and now click on the Lan Settings button as shown in the image below:
3. Under the Proxy Server section uncheck the checkbox “Use a proxy server for your LAN” and press the OK button to close this screen:
Delete Antivirus Monitor files
Delete Antivirus Monitor Registry entries
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\PhishingFilter “Enabled” = “0″
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “ProxyOverride” = “”
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “ProxyServer” = “http=127.0.0.1:33921″
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “ProxyEnable” = “1″