Riskware.Win64.BtcMine is a kind of software that is used to mine digital currency. Computer threat of this type refers to the Trojan Horse family. You can never know for sure that you got a coin miner as it penetrates the system secretly, infects particular files on the targeted computers and uses resources to disrupt digital cryptocurrency. The only thing users can notice almost at once is significant slowness of the computer. Continue reading to know how to eliminate this computer threat.
The load of the CPU is only the beginning of the Riskware.Win64.BtcMine Trojan activities on the way of turning infected computer into the robot for mining digital currency. It goes without saying that its presence in the system works in favor of developer of the maliciou item. Sadly, users who face this Trojan for the first time cannot distinguish the symptoms of this hazardous object.
The Riskware.Win64.BtcMine Trojan Miner attacks CPU and GPU power worsens general performance of the computer or even a mobile phone that may also catch this hazardous item. Next time be careful with surfing the Internet and visiting random sites. Do not install anything from the suspicious resources to avoid infection with the help of bundled malware samples. Run periodic diagnostic scans with the help of malware removal apps which can detect and delete similar threats.
As a rule, the Riskware.Win64.BtcMine Trojan Miner takes long periods of time before being discovered, we offer to try GridinSoft Anti-Malware tool that is a proven solution of your problem. It will help to escape from cyber criminals and it will not permit locking your PC down.
Riskware.Win64.BtcMine removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Riskware.Win64.BtcMine virus from the browser
First of all, Riskware.Win64.BtcMine is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Riskware.Win64.BtcMine, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Riskware.Win64.BtcMine has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Riskware.Win64.BtcMine hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Riskware.Win64.BtcMine traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Riskware.Win64.BtcMine!
Video guide on how to remove Riskware.Win64.BtcMine from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Riskware.Win64.BtcMine in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.