The presence of Worm:Win32/NeksMiner Coin Miner is a real secret for the owners of the infected computer as this computer threat stands for the Trojan family. It hides own presence from users to stay longer in the system. To stop this process manually is almost impossible as the malware has unique survivability that it uses in case of removal. That is why it is better to avoid this malware.
The Worm:Win32/NeksMiner malware is dangerous not only because it overloads the CPU and leads to freezing and stuttering. This malicious program can make a backdoor allowing third-party users obtain remote access to the infected machine and use it as their own. It goes without saying that its presence in the system is unwanted.
Typically Worm:Win32/NeksMiner Trojan Miner attacks computers with weak defense and hits the system as soon as it appears. CPU and GPU feel lack of power due to the malicious activity, general efficiency of the workstation faces substantial worsening. If you want to stay away from this malware, do not install anything from the suspicious resources to avoid infection with the help of bundled malware samples. Try malware removal software to deal with the current trouble.
Delete the Worm:Win32/NeksMiner Trojan Miner once and forever without any troubles. Proven and time-tasted anti-malware application like GridinSoft Anti-Malware tool will deal with this computer threat in several clicks only. Prevent the same troubles in the future with regular scanning.
Worm:Win32/NeksMiner removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Worm:Win32/NeksMiner virus from the browser
First of all, Worm:Win32/NeksMiner is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Worm:Win32/NeksMiner, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Worm:Win32/NeksMiner has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Worm:Win32/NeksMiner hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Worm:Win32/NeksMiner traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Worm:Win32/NeksMiner!
Video guide on how to remove Worm:Win32/NeksMiner from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Worm:Win32/NeksMiner in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.