How to delete W32/XMRIG in Miner?
W32/XMRIG Coin Miner is not a virus as it is not able to replicate itself. Sadly, this is a critical computer threat if to say about its activities in the system. In many cases it remains in the system undetected that helps to conduct malicious activities like haunting cryptocurrencies (BitCoin, Monero and others). We would like to introduce a remediation against this computer threat.
If W32/XMRIG Coin Miner Trojan is here, user probably comes across with unexpected changes. This malware scraps server data and transfers it to the third party in such a way that owner know nothing. We strongly offer to eliminate the source of the threat without delay.
The W32/XMRIG Trojan Miner attacks CPU and GPU power worsens general performance of the computer or even a mobile phone that may also catch this hazardous item. Next time be careful with surfing the Internet and visiting random sites. Do not install anything from the suspicious resources to avoid infection with the help of bundled malware samples. Run periodic diagnostic scans with the help of malware removal apps which can detect and delete similar threats.
As a rule, the W32/XMRIG Trojan Miner takes long periods of time before being discovered, we offer to try GridinSoft Anti-Malware tool that is a proven solution of your problem. It will help to escape from cyber criminals and it will not permit locking your PC down.
W32/XMRIG removal guide
STEP 1. Remove W32/XMRIG virus from the browser
First of all, W32/XMRIG is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by W32/XMRIG, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and W32/XMRIG has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that W32/XMRIG hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove W32/XMRIG traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed W32/XMRIG!
Video guide on how to remove W32/XMRIG from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with W32/XMRIG in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.