How to delete Unoapeco.exe process?
Unoapeco.exe junk software refers to the hijacker that appears in the system with the purpose to inject unwanted advertisements. Track a local folder with the help of Task Manager to know for sure if there is a dangerous item in the system.
The Unoapeco.exe (local) hijacker sneaks acting antivirus (in case, you have it) and deceives users about the fact of own presence. Remember, viruses can’t infect your computer by themselves, they need your submission on downloading or installing, so be mindful!
As a rule, Unoapeco.exe is malicious application that cheats users about the real aims of its developers. This computer threat often installs additional ad-supported software. Fake search engine also appears on the compromised. Use malware removal software to have a chance to eliminate computer threats as soon as they appears on the computer due to the not updated databases or careless installation.
Okay, Unoapeco.exe virus is really dangerous to keep, but removal manually usually won’t show you any positive results. The best solution will be to delete the threat with the help of malware scanner like GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
Unoapeco.exe removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Unoapeco.exe virus from the browser
First of all, Unoapeco.exe is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Unoapeco.exe, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Unoapeco.exe has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Unoapeco.exe hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Unoapeco.exe traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Unoapeco.exe!
Video guide on how to remove Unoapeco.exe from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Unoapeco.exe in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.