How to delete playOnline Search adware?
We may say that playOnline Search item is unwanted browser extension or in other words it is adware. It is installed as a legitimate add-on, in fact, it has been made with absolutely malicious purposes. You will see many advertisements, based on your search query because it has penetrated the system.
The playOnline Search alerts are strong indicator of defense problems. Installed due to the human error malware often encourages installation of more unwanted applications that pretend to be useful utilities.
It’s always critical to check every program you are going to install and you must do it before this installation takes place. Even tried program can be bundled with this adware that hackers try to spread as much as possible due to the help of social engineering. They use this bundling to monetize their “well-intended” free services. It’s easy to block adware, just uncheck given option in one of the initial installations’ steps, because normally playOnline Search is installed by default.
However, don’t be upset if you rushed through installation steps and installed playOnline Search on your PC. Your system files, accounts and passwords will be in safe place with our GridinSoft Anti-Malware program. So mentioned computer threat can be easily removed with the help of detailed guide, you can find it below.
playOnline Search removal guide
STEP 1. Remove playOnline Search virus from the browser
First of all, playOnline Search is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by playOnline Search, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and playOnline Search has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that playOnline Search hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove playOnline Search traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed playOnline Search!
Video guide on how to remove playOnline Search from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with playOnline Search in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.