How to delete PC Security Guardian fake anti-virus application. Uninstall guide
We would now like to emphasize your utmost attention on another virus application that has just recently been released. It bears the name of PC Security Guardian. It should be mentioned that it is the direct successor of Best Malware Protection virus and Internet Security Essentials scam application, of which we made special posts in our blog. Bear in mind that PC Security Guardian has just the only purpose – to trick users and steal funds from them. Our purpose now is to tell you about this threat which can considerably damage the security of your system. After facing such a malicious tool in your PC as PC Security Guardian you must immediately take all the measures directed at removing it.
PC Security Gardian virus gets inside of the computer by means of trojan downloaded from unsecure pages or penetrates when users click on its malicious links containing the malware codes inside. It gets inside without asking for user’s permission or authorization. After successful infiltration PC Security Guardian virus will show plenty of bogus security warnings on your PC. Best Malware Protection entirely ignores all authentication barriers as the restriction, cause it is able of installing itself without the user’s intention to have it on his/her system. Upon penetration into the computer PC Security Guardian scam will via the Internet install extra files and modify your system in such a manner that it will be launched with every Windows launching. Almost at once PC Security Guardian virus begins to tell users plenty of untrue facts about bad level of computer security. You will be annoyed with lots of fictitious and deceitful alerts and senseless fictitious scanners. PC Security Guardian virus will keep warning you of non-existent threats, system and registry issues and then it offers to buy the registered version of PC Security Guardian program. You should not trust it under any circumstances. PC Security Guardian virus states that it is able of granting superb anti-virus protectoin for your computer and that it can fix all errors in your PC. It is a fake promise given to all unwary users. PC Security Guardian applicatoin simply tries to rob you without giving you any reliable protection which your system is in need of.
Please carefully follow the guidelines provided underneath of this paragraph and find out how to delete PC Security Guardian virus. It is our job to help you in this important and uneasy assignment, this is why we have developed automatic and manual removal guidelines. You may find them provided below.
PC Security Guardian automatic remover:
1. Download the latest version of GridinSoft Trojan Killer to clear (not infected) computer and install it.
2. Update the virus database.
3. Copy the entire folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” to your jump drive (memory stick). Normally it is located at the following path: (C:\Program Files\GridinSoft Trojan Killer). “C” stands for the system disk of your computer. The name of the system disk, however, can be marked with another letter.
4. Open your jump drive (memory stick). Find the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” there. Open it , find the file under the name “trojankiller.exe” and rename it to “iexplore.exe”.
5. Move memory stick to infected PC, open “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” folder and run iexplore.exe. Optional: copy the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” from your jump drive to some other folder created on your PC and run “iexplore.exe”.
PC Security Guardian manual removal guide:
Instructions on how to restore your Internet connection:
1. Start Internet Explorer and click on the Tools menu and then select Internet Options as shown in the image below:
2. Select Connections tab and now click on the Lan Settings button as shown in the image below:
3. Under the Proxy Server section uncheck the checkbox “Use a proxy server for your LAN” and press the OK button to close this screen:
Delete PC Security Guardian files:
%AppData%\PC Security Guardian
%AppData%\PC Security Guardian\cookies.sqlite
%AppData%\PC Security Guardian\Instructions.ini
Delete PC Security Guardian registry entries:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download “RunInvalidSignatures” = “1″
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “ProxyServer” = “http=127.0.0.1″
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “PC Security Guardian”
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options “Debugger” = “svchost.exe”