How to delete Miner.XMRig!gen1 in Miner?
Miner.XMRig!gen1 Coin Miner is not a virus as it is not able to replicate itself. Sadly, this is a critical computer threat if to say about its activities in the system. In many cases it remains in the system undetected that helps to conduct malicious activities like haunting cryptocurrencies (BitCoin, Monero and others). We would like to introduce a remediation against this computer threat.
The main feature of the Miner.XMRig!gen1 Coin Miner Trojan is that it comes secretly. Most likely, user has installed a program that appears harmless but has infected samples. It goes without saying that the owner of the infected workstation must get rid of the Trojan and scan the system against other computer threats.
The biggest difficulty about the Miner.XMRig!gen1 Trojan Miner is that it is impossible to predict the outcomes of its activity. But you can predict the Miner or stop it earlier that it attacks CPU and GPU power taking it for own needs. This factor negative effects general PC performance. It worsens efficiency and provokes crashes and freezing. One of the consequences of its activity is a blue screen. So, you see that you have to deal with a severe computer threat. It is better not to wait but react urgently.
Deal with the Miner.XMRig!gen1 Trojan Miner with the help of GridinSoft Anti-Malware tool that needs only several clicks to remove the source of infection and all related components that might be linked to this sort of infection. Prevent the same troubles in the future with regular scanning.
Miner.XMRig!gen1 removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Miner.XMRig!gen1 virus from the browser
First of all, Miner.XMRig!gen1 is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Miner.XMRig!gen1, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Miner.XMRig!gen1 has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Miner.XMRig!gen1 hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Miner.XMRig!gen1 traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Miner.XMRig!gen1!
Video guide on how to remove Miner.XMRig!gen1 from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Miner.XMRig!gen1 in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.