How to block Recme ransomware activity in the system?
Recme alerts scary Internet visitors more than any other kind of notifications. It is logical as the fact that some of the files (or the whole system!) have been encrypted is terrible. We classify this malicious software as dangerous one and say that it is better to prevent the appearance of this computer threat than try to find a solution against it.
Stay away from the Recme ransomware as it is hazardous item to appear in the system.The developers of this ransomware are not going to stop alerting users even if they decide to pay a revenue. Sadly, those who agreed to pay at least one time will see the same alerting messages again and again.
When Recme blocks OS or some files on the computer, it is really bad but still not the end of the world. User can detect malware and delete it stopping further encryption. Remember to have a backup of all vital files and data on the respectful resources. Mind all your online actions to stay away from this malicious app and never ever have problems with it. Keep applications up-to-date, do not ignore new features clicking on the “remind later”.
In short, Recme malware is a kind of big problem if you do nothing except ignoring it. Get rid of this computer threat with GridinSoft Anti-Malware tool and save your computer items before you still have time to do it.
Recme removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Recme virus from the browser
First of all, Recme is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Recme, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Recme has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Recme hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Recme traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Recme!
Video guide on how to remove Recme from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Recme in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.