How can I remove Locky-Osiris ransomware?
Internet visitors who come across with Locky-Osiris alerts feel stress. The notifications appeal with the threatening messages. The threat that generates such alarms may even block the access to your computer till you pay some money to obtain an unlocking key. Unfortunately, that is not the end of the troubles with this computer threat. Once you agree to pay, you will have to do it more and more.
The problem with Locky-Osiris can be easily solved if you use an anti-malware cleaner that can detect appeared ransomware and delete it. You will not see any adverts with support team and alerting notifications. However, this computer threat may harm you a lot if you continue ignoring it. As you already understood, it is a nasty company to have in the system. The developer of this ransomware is not going to stop alerting you about further attacks.
When Locky-Osiris blocks your OS, it does it for the money revenue. If you agree to pay, it will never stop alerting you and blocking the system. That is why we recommend avoiding any interaction with the alarming messages. It is better to scan the system as fast as possible and eliminate the threat before it steals your credit card information and gets access to your money.
Save your private data and file and remove Locky-Osiris ransomware without troubles with our recommended anti-malware tools. Then, you will need to reset infected browsers with the same application as you see in the guidance below.
Locky-Osiris removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Locky-Osiris virus from the browser
First of all, Locky-Osiris is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Locky-Osiris, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Locky-Osiris has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Locky-Osiris hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Locky-Osiris traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Locky-Osiris!
Video guide on how to remove Locky-Osiris from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Locky-Osiris in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.