Homeland Security virus (ransomware) removal tool
There’s a new virus that strikes many computers in the world today. It bears the name and the logo of Homeland Security (the U.S. Department of Homeland Security). It says that your computer has been locked for doing many forbidden things online, such as watching a lot of illegal content, violating copyright law, using unlicensed applications, etc. The virus says that in order to have your computer unblocked you have no other option but to pay the fine. Whereas this is not a real fine, of course. The point is that this is the ransom, which the crooks want to be paid by you in favor of them. This is how cyber hackers attempt to earn money through deceiving simple users.
So, here is what exactly the text of the ransomware locker tells once it attacks the computer:
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
National Cyber Security Division
This computer has been blocked
The work of your computer has been suspended on the grounds of the violation of the Law of the United States of America.
Article 184. Pornography involving children
Imprisonment for the term of up to 10-15 years(The use or distribution of pornography material)
Artticle 171. Copyright
Imprisonment for the term of up to 2-5 years. (The use or sharing copyrighted files)
Article 113. The use of unlicensed software
Imprisonment for the term of up to 2 years (The use of unlicensed software)
To unlock the computer you are obliged to pay a fine of $300. You must pay the fine through MoneyPak.
You have 48 hours to pay the fine. If the fine has not been paid, you will become the subject of criminal prosecution without the right to pay the fine. The Department for the Fight Against Cyberactivity will confiscate your computer and take You to Court.
Without a doubt, you should not pay any funds through MoneyPak or any other payment systems (in case this virus gets modified). You’ve not performed anything illegal, so you should not ever worry about paying the fine for things you’ve never committed. Hence, ignore this scary alert you see and remove Homeland Security virus as described in the malware removal guidelines below.
Ransomware unlocking procedure
Note! This tutorial is effective for all GreenDot MoneyPak, Ukash and Paysafecard ransomwares.
- Restart your computer and press F8 while it is restarting.
- Choose safe mode with networking.
- Press Start menu and select Run, or press [Win]+R on keyboard.
- Type msconfig
- Disable startup items rundll32 turning on any application from Application Data.
- Restart your system once again.
- Scan your system with GridinSoft Trojan Killer to identify file and delete it.
Some versions of these viruses disable all safe modes, but give a short gap that you can use to run anti-malware programs. Then do following:
- Reboot normally.
- Click Start and choose Run.
- Enter the text specified in the quotation below. If malware is loaded, just press Alt+Tab once and keep entering the string blindly then press Enter.
- Press Alt+tab and then R (letter) a couple of times. The process of ransomware virus should be killed after you succeed to download, install our recommended software and scan your PC with it.