What is Home.parallaxsearch.com? Home.parallaxsearch.com classified as a browser virus (browser hijacker) and looks like an average search engine. Unless this search engine display fake search result on the first page. This site is just a scam what unfortunately can infect all well known browsers include Edge, Safari, Mozilla, Opera, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. Some users report that this site redirect to different malicious pages where you offer to update your Flash player or browser, but remember that all such notification is a fake and if you download anything from such site you will infect your PC with more viruses. There are many alike viruses from the same developer was found in 2016 like myhome.parallaxsearch.com or My.ParallaxSearch.com.
Home.parallaxsearch.com can appear if you infect with some hijacker or if you install free software from the Internet. Be careful with program what you download from suspicious sites, most of them have bundled with other software, so never allow install such program with “Custom” options. This is one and the most important rule how to protect your computer.
So after Home.parallaxsearch.com becomes part of your system it will bring many changes into your computer. You will see Home.parallaxsearch.com.com as your new homepage and use its search engine as your default. Never ignore sites what was appearing on your computer without any notification. Only after removing of Home.parallaxsearch.com you can be calm for your personal information. Never ignore the sites what appeared randomly.
Home.parallaxsearch.com hijacker removal guide
Step1. Remove Home.parallaxsearch.com page from the browser
First of all, Home.parallaxsearch.com is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Home.parallaxsearch.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Home.parallaxsearch.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Home.parallaxsearch.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove Home.parallaxsearch.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Home.parallaxsearch.com!
Video guide on how to remove Betternewtabsearch.com from the system:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Home.parallaxsearch.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.