History Button unwanted extension removal guide
History Button is a plug-in or browser extension which infects the well-known web browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge. This redirect virus comes under the redirect virus or is deemed as a potentially unwanted program that will pop-up random windows, advertisements or third-party sponsored hyperlinks. History Button adware will shoot out unknown adverts whenever you begin surfing. Basically they hold a little text claiming: Powered by History Button. This unwanted program may also highlight texts in the stuff and will convert them inside rerouting links. Sometimes a highlighted link may display up, just to get your concern. Whenever your mouse goes over the hyperlink – an ad will come up.
Once History Button loaded, the victim may experience all types of pop-up boxes, ads, banners, search terms or sponsored hyperlinks. These might also be a button, raising to related stuff, delivered by the suspicious redirect virus or adware. Done web searches may also be changed, displaying incorrect data, spam or third-party promoting. History Button adware could arrive packed with other cost-free application. With victim’s agreement, during a recommended software installation, one could finish up with multiple infections loaded.
The distributed of History Button unwanted browser extension is most probably related to loading different third-party extensions, all types of free application, random hitting on adverts, banners, pop-up boxes or even downloading spam attached files from your personal email. So, be attentive and remove History Button immediately once found.
Step by step instructions how to remove History Button virus.
STEP 1. Remove History Button virus from the system
First of all, History Button is a browser extension, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove History Button virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying History Button browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove History Button virus from your browser
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove History Button from your system completaly:
STEP 3. History Button prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with History Button virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.