HexaDesK.exe is a process you may see active when opening the Task Manager. The problem is that it is related to the malicious software currently installed and enabled in your computer. As a result, your system now functions extremely slow and does not let you fully enjoy the functionality of your computer. Furthermore, activity of HexaDesK.exe process represents danger for your PC, since it is related to in your computer. Continue reading this guide and you will find more information about this infection and the ways of its effective removal.
HexaDesK.exe is related to the performance of nasty adware in your computer. When this process is enabled, your browser will start functioning extremely weird. There will be plenty of simultaneous pop-up windows to permanently distract your attention while you surf the web. Plus, there will be advertisement banners places in different parts of your browser. All these negative side effects you now encounter in your screen are the result of the adware installed and running in your system.
HexaDesK.exe and related malware could be installed together with some other free software you might have been dealing with lately. It is quite likely that you simply did not carefully read the installation guidelines and thus permitted this potentially unwanted software to be enabled. Whenever you are in the process of installing any free application make sure that you always thoroughly read the supporting documentation related to it. These could be the documents called the EULAs (End User License Agreements), or simply the information contained in the installer. It is important that you always switch to the option of advanced or custom installation in order to prevent any third-party software from penetrating into the system. So, HexaDesK.exe was installed because you allowed this additional software to infiltrate by just clicking on “Next” or “I agree” buttons during installation of some free program.
Is there anything that can protect you from HexaDesK.exe malware intrusion? Well, absolutely. The reason why HexaDesK.exe virus got injected is because your available anti-virus program literally allowed this infection to be installed. Due to outdated anti-malware databases, your anti-virus software skipped the executable of this infection and permitted it to be installed. If you want to avoid such bad things from happening in the future, it’s time to immediately switch to something much better, something that can really protect your computer among the ocean of various cyber threats.
Common places HexaDesK.exe:
Automatic removal tool for HexaDesK.exe:
Click here to download latest version of GridinSoft Anti-Malware
Removal instruction for HexaDesK.exe:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” and then on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instructions, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected by HexaDesK.exe:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of malicious programs that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!
Portable anti-malware scanner
By the way, if you want to use the portable version of GridinSoft anti-malware scanner, we are happy to represent you the Trojan Killer Portable. Especially for your memory stick – be sure that your private data is safe wherever you go! Feel free to try it now: