HDD Tools removal. How to remove HDDTools virus?
We take an opportunity to draw your attention to HDD Tools – virus that has many similarities with other previous threats of which we have already provided some information in our previous posts. Please do not forget that in some cases it also can be named as HDD Tools or HDDTools).
You need to be aware that HDD Tools has nothing to do with a reputable Windows application; at the same time its outward appearance is quite attractive. This is why so many users are tricked, believing it is a decent security program. This application is just just a typical rogue tool that only strives for stealing funds out of your wallet.
Important thing to mention is that HDD Tools can in some cases be installed together with TDSS rootkit that can be the cause of google redirect problems that are really very severe nowadays. Please bear in mind that HDD Tools, similar to lots of other rogues, penetrates to your PC without your knowledge and/or consent. Once installed, HDD Tools will be configured to start automatically when you login to Windows. It will notify you of thousands of bogus infections and viruses that are allegedly present on you machine, such as the following messages: “A hard drive error occurred”, “Hard Drive is missing” or “RAM memory usage is critically high”. You need not to doubt that all the above-mentioned notifications are just a bunch of all sorts of messages presented simply in order to persuade you that your computer is under serious attack. It initiates fake scans and reports of errors similar to those we indicate above. It is not a coincidence that you will soon face the offer to purchase HDD Tools full version after the reported fake infections. If you read this post carefully you should be smart not to be fooled by this stealthware. HDD Tools virus should beyond any doubt be erased from your system, otherwise you may really regret for your loitering with its removal. Please take due diligence and get the benefit of applying the guidelines provided below on uninstall of HDD Tools virus immediately you see it on your PC.
HDD Tools automatic remover:
1. Download the latest version of GridinSoft Trojan Killer to clear (not infected) computer and install it.
2. Update the virus database.
3. Copy the entire folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” to your jump drive (memory stick). Normally it is located at the following path: (C:\Program Files\GridinSoft Trojan Killer). “C” stands for the system disk of your computer. The name of the system disk, however, can be marked with another letter.
4. Open your jump drive (memory stick). Find the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” there. Open it , find the file under the name “trojankiller.exe” and rename it to “iexplore.exe”.
5. Move memory stick to infected PC, open “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” folder and run iexplore.exe. Optional: copy the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” from your jump drive to some other folder created on your PC and run “iexplore.exe”.
HDD Tools manual removal guide:
Delete HDD Tools files:
%Programs%\HDD Tools\HDD Tools.lnk
%Programs%\Win Defragmenter\Uninstall HDD Tools.lnk
Delete HDD Tools registry entries: