HDD Fix. How to remove HDDFix scam?
HDDFix (aka HDD Fix). It is a fake system tool that are convincingly targeting many computers at this time. Several previous clones are Smart HDD, HDD Recovery and HDD Rescue. Its performance on users systems is really destructive, HDDFix aims are deceptive and the outcome of its availability on your system can be really unexpected, especially when you postpone its successful deletion. Please have due diligence in taking heed to our story of HDDFix malware and the results of its fraudulent activity.
HDDFix comes to PCs by means of various system gaps. Its goal for PC interference is reached by means of Trojans and other malfunctions and vulnerabilities in the computer security that allow its intrusion. After its successful installation HDDFix virus initiates series of PC scans, so that you would be indeed frightened with the quantity of fictitious infections and threats claimed to be detected by it. However, please bear in mind that all such scan results are just the malicious methods of HDDFix. The infections and problems supposedly revealed by it are far away from reality. They have nothing to do with the real condition of your PC. On the contrary, HDDFix is a virus that needs to be dealt with.
In addition, HDDFix amends your control and registry settings in such a way that it will be started together with every Windows launching. And you will be quite tired of the quantity of popups shown by it. Their only aim would be to suggest to you to purchase the full version of this malware. At the same time, we are now confident that after reading this article you will be clever enough not to follow these tricks. Get aid from a well-established ant-virus tool or, as an alternative, apply the manual removal instructions given below.
HDDFix automatic remover:
1. Download the latest version of GridinSoft Trojan Killer to clear (not infected) computer and install it.
2. Update the virus database.
3. Copy the entire folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” to your jump drive (memory stick). Normally it is located at the following path: (C:\Program Files\GridinSoft Trojan Killer). “C” stands for the system disk of your computer. The name of the system disk, however, can be marked with another letter.
4. Open your jump drive (memory stick). Find the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” there. Open it , find the file under the name “trojankiller.exe” and rename it to “iexplore.exe”.
5. Reboot your infected computer to safe-mode.
6. Move memory stick to infected PC, open “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” folder and run iexplore.exe. Optional: copy the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” from your jump drive to some other folder created on your PC and run “iexplore.exe”.
HDDFix manual removal guide:
Delete HDDFix files:
%Programs%\HDD Fix\HDD Fix.lnk
%Programs%\HDD Fix\Uninstall HDD Fix.lnk
Delete HDDFix registry entries: