Sad news stroke Mexico these days. Hackers have invented a new virus specifically to target computers in this country. This virus is called ransomware. It locks attacked computers with a fake warning, supposedly coming from Policia Federal. Yet, this alert has nothing to do with the police of Mexico. It is a scam that was developed by the pack of cyber frauds who aim to get possession over your funds. The trick is that this is done by scaring users with the fake accusation contained in the text of the ransomware locker. Needless to mention, it is of crucial importance to have a guide that explains how to remove Policia Federal scam from your system.
The closeness of Mexico to the US means that probably some computers in the United States of America might be attacked by this serious ransomware as well. However, users in the USA will probably not be surprised. They know what ransomware is after they heard about FBI GreenDot MoneyPak ransomware and the Department of Justice fake warning. In both of the cases the warnings presented supposedly from these organizations are fake and not associated with them at all.
Speaking about Policia Federal ransomware, the tactics of ransomware makers haven’t changed dramatically. Once the scareware attacks the system it immediately locks its desktop utterly. The locker doesn’t let users work freely with their computers. Any attempt to reboot the system turns out to be completely vain. The system remains locked, irrespective of the number of reboot attempts. The fake accusation comes up about user allegedly performing some crimes, being supposedly evidenced by the police of Mexico. The virus makers prompt users to pay the fine through Ukash or Paysafecard payment systems, promising that the system will thus be unlocked. However, we strongly doubt this fact.
Do not pay any money in favor of the crooks, the authors of Policia Federal ransomware. You computer has been hacked by the pack of online scammers. Our mission is to assist you in restoring your system. Please consider the removal guide below that will explain the unlocking procedure to you. If you have any questions or problems whilst deleting this malware please let us know immediately.
Ransomware unlocking procedure
Note! This tutorial is effective for all GreenDot MoneyPak, Ukash and Paysafecard ransomwares.
- Restart your computer and press F8 while it is restarting.
- Choose safe mode with networking.
- Press Start menu and select Run, or press [Win]+R on keyboard.
- Type msconfig
- Disable startup items rundll32 turning on any application from Application Data.
- Restart your system once again.
- Scan your system with GridinSoft Trojan Killer to identify file and delete it.
Some versions of these viruses disable all safe modes, but give a short gap that you can use to run anti-malware programs. Then do following:
- Reboot normally.
- Click Start and choose Run.
- Enter the text specified in the quotation below. If malware is loaded, just press Alt+Tab once and keep entering the string blindly then press Enter.
- Press Alt+tab and then R (letter) a couple of times. The process of ransomware virus should be killed after you succeed to download, install our recommended software and scan your PC with it.