Slimware Utilities ads are the reason of a slew of Slimware Utilities adverts, which usually are named as Ads by Slimware Utilities, brought by Slimware Utilities or powered by Slimware Utilities. Plenty of Internet users may swear they have seen such advertisements quite often. There is a short guidance how to remove this annoying issue from your PC.
To be honest, ads like Slimware Utilities are really useless. You can see them in the corners or at the bottom of your screen, aiming to irritate you and disturb the browser session. But that is not the end of the list what such messages can do to you. They cause the multitude of confusing pop-ups intended to persuade you to install something into your PC. All-in-all, in case you agree, your system will be filled with malicious software.
Invasion of Slimware Utilities malicious software is a consequence of mindless installation in most cases. No matter, how cool freeware is, typically particular extra tools are bundled with it. And no one actually knows whether you need them or not. As usual, users may fail to notice such small and invisible details. That’s how undesirable intruders find the way to your OS. Unfortunately, some anti-virus software only seems to be reliable and efficient at first glance. In fact, they can’t prevent Slimware Utilities installation as their databases are out-of-date, so they don’t provide appropriate security level.
To remove Slimware Utilities adware you won’t need anything extraordinary, but an effective anti-malware utility. Let us introduce GridinSoft Anti-Malware able to detect and delete this sort of computer threats in a moment. The only thing you need to know is that such malicious ads can be utterly deleted with the full registered version of GridinSoft Anti-Malware only. In the end, it is better to reset your browser. Don’t hesitate to ask for any kind of help when you need it.
Slimware Utilities removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Slimware Utilities virus from the browser
First of all, Slimware Utilities is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Slimware Utilities, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Slimware Utilities has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Slimware Utilities hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Slimware Utilities traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Slimware Utilities!
Video guide on how to remove Slimware Utilities from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Slimware Utilities in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.