The computer is the necessity of life nowadays. But when it comes to the Internet, people are worried about the data safety and software security these days. It is reasonable to do so because there are too many vicious items ever happened on the PC, and if you miss just a hint of them, you have to suffer thousands of troubles. And Oops extension virus is one of the items you should care more. It is regarded as a ransomware, and it can do what it wants to your PC.
Oops extension virus will first get your personal information of you when it takes the opportunities to control your PC. So it is one of thing which owns the data unsecured. And then, it is able to disable all the files by coding it. That is why it is also called the file-encryption virus. After all of this, it begins to sell the decryption key.
Oops extension virus will ask you to buy these keys from them. Accordingly, it will incapacitate all kinds of programs which may have abilities to decode it. After users try all of them and none is feasible, they will turn to its help even users know it is malicious.
But we don’t recommend you to do so of course. And we have created some instructions to help you to get rid of Oops extension virus immediately. After you remove it, the files can be revived by the common programs. And it is no need for you to live under its shade anymore. After this, please back up your files regularly.
Automatic removal tool for Oops:
Click here to download latest version of GridinSoft Anti-Malware
Removal instruction for Oops:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” and then on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instructions, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Oops virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected by Oops:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of malicious programs that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!
Portable anti-malware scanner
By the way, if you want to use the portable version of GridinSoft anti-malware scanner, we are happy to represent you the Trojan Killer Portable. Especially for your memory stick – be sure that your private data is safe wherever you go! Feel free to try it now: