GreenDot MoneyPak virus – fake punishment for illegal music downloads
It is surely not a good practice to download, keep and distribute music, audio, video or software with violation of copyrights. Doing such things is illegal, since this is a real intellectual property rights violation, or copyright abuse as some might say. Such practice is rightfully condemned by the online community and the authors of the above-mentioned multimedia and software samples. However, hackers today present themselves as some judges who condemn many users of committing the above-mentioned crimes, even though these users have never practiced anything like that. The online frauds thus developed a ransomware program that has the background of FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation) and accuses users of performing various illegal activities, in particular having to do with downloading music illegally. As a fine for such “actions”, hackers instruct users to donate certain amount of funds by means of indication of specific GreenDot MoneyPak PIN or voucher codes in the respective section of the ransomware’s message.
From the above-mentioned statement we can draw the conclusion about the true definition of ransomware virus infection. This is a special type of threat that locks the desktop of the infected computer, condemns users of performing certain illegal activities (supposedly on behalf of some governmental or police agency) and then asks for the ransom to be paid in favor of the crooks. The money never goes into the state budget or treasury. All funds go directly into the pockets of the crooks who developed the ransomware virus.
This explains why this ransomware infection is often referred by some users as GreenDot MoneyPak virus. Even though this decent, reputable and well-known payment processing company has nothing to do with elaboration of this virus. So, if you have your PC locked with the scary message allegedly coming from FBI, do not ever associate this locker with GreenDot MoneyPak or Federal Bureau of Investigation. Your computer is locked by hackers and not by any of these above-mentioned organizations! Please find the guide below that will explain to you how to deal with this ransomware virus infection and to unlock your system from it.
Green dot Moneypak Virus removal steps:
- Before the very boot process begins keep repeatedly hitting “F8” button on your keyboard. In the window that appeared select “Safe mode with command prompt” option and press “Enter“.
- Allow the system to load and then access the Internet and download GridinSoft Trojan Killer and remove the nasty virus.
Note! If you have Windows XP, you are recommended to perform the following unlocking actions:
- Repeat 1-2 steps shown in the guide above.
- Enter “msconfig” into the box and press Enter to launch System Configuration menu. (Click Start, then click Run. Open the utility by typing “msconfig” in the open field and click “OK” or press “Enter“)
- Once the menu appears, click on Startup tab and select “Disable All“. Press “OK“.
- Restart your computer in Normal mode and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer. Run the program and remove Green dot Moneypak Virus from your computer.