This article’s topic is a program called Greatsearch.org “virus”. This piece of software is identified as an exemplary browser hijacker. This software type can modify all known browsers in terms of their appearance and behavior. All Chrome, Firefox and/or Opera browser can be set to produce endless streams of online ads; to redirect the victim user to various, often strange, web pages; or to display a search engine and/or homepage different from the originally set ones. Such software might really cause great annoyance. In order to know how to avoid, fight and remove these programs, read the information below.
Greatsearch.org as well as all the programs from its family are known to possess all the features mentioned in the intro. Their targets are indeed all your favorite browsers and they might affect them in such a way that your browsing experience could really be spoiled. What else you should know about all these programs is that they could access the browsers’ history databases and base all the produced banners and pop-ups to the products and services you have recently been interested in and looking for. However, this behavior is legal and no passwords, credentials and accounts can be hacked or stolen with the help of such a program. Also, you need to know that browser hijackers are often capable of generating a great number of pop-ups and a big share of your system resources might be consumed for this purpose. As a result, your computer might become more sluggish than it usually is.
This kind of software is marketing-driven. Its developers strive to create the most efficient online marketing tools as the Internet is the new stage for all advertising. Such programs are legal and provide an opportunity for the promotion of goods, services – even new websites and search engines. All the changes that you see made to your browser happen because the creators of Greatsearch.org have been generously paid to make their program invoke such modifications.
Step by step instructions how to remove Greatsearch.org virus.
STEP 1. Remove Greatsearch.org virus from the browser
First of all, Greatsearch.org is a browser extension, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
STEP 2. Remove Greatsearch.org virus from the system
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove Greatsearch.org virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying Greatsearch.org browser extension!
STEP 3. Greatsearch.org prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with Greatsearch.org virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.