Googlescan.ru is the dangerous browser extension that holds a number of tricky ways to attack Web browser. This browser hijacker tries to hide and of PC users. Thus, it was no surprise if your system gets involved with adware like Googlescan.ru.
As soon as Googlescan.ru gets on your computer you can notice that your home page and new bookmark have been changed. From time to time, when you do a search, you can redirect to an unknown website. You can always see intrusive ads and paid links.
Googlescan.com performs some actions that can lead to the risk of your system. Striving for high profits on the Internet, the cyber-criminal does use this media search engine. Your computer can serve as a tool to track and steal your personal and important data. He collects and records all the details, and uses such resources to enhance his marketing plan.
We strongly recommend that you get rid of Googlescan.com as soon as you find it on your PC.
Googlescan.ru hijacker removal guide
Step1. Remove Googlescan.ru page from the browser
First of all, Googlescan.ru is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Googlescan.ru, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Googlescan.ru has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Googlescan.ru hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove Googlescan.ru traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Googlescan.ru!
Video guide on how to remove Betternewtabsearch.com from the system:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Googlescan.ru in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.