A quick check if your pc is infected with Goodworldsearch.com malware is to see whether your browsers’ default is changed. And that is to say, when you find that a strange searching page appearing on your browser and whatever you do you could change it your homepage back, you should be sure that there are malware on your pc and you should do a overall check-up to the whole system. Things like Goodworldsearch.com are deemed as a browser hijacker, and it is made by adware or spyware.
Now that Goodworldsearch.com can change your homepage, it means it could also change the other settings of your browsers. And its purpose is to make profits for its producers. Therefore, it will let the ads by adware surge on the screen, not only on the browsers but also on the programs. So if you loose your attentions just for a while, you will click on these ads and be led to the sites you don’t want.
Goodworldsearch.com can screen everything on your browsers, no matter how strong protection your browser owns, such as microsoft edge, google chrome, internet explorer, mozilla firefox and even safari. The data happened on these browsers could be stolen by it, and then you will have many troubles. All in all, you ought to remove Goodworldsearch.com from your pc right now. In case that you don’t know how to detect the adware, we have provide you with some directions here which will help you a lot.
Goodworldsearch.com hijacker removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Goodworldsearch.com virus from the browser
First of all, Goodworldsearch.com is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Goodworldsearch.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Goodworldsearch.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Goodworldsearch.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Goodworldsearch.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Goodworldsearch.com!
Video guide on how to remove Goodworldsearch.com from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Goodworldsearch.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.