What is Go.myquery.net and how to remove it?
Go.myquery.net is web site what you will see every time you search anything on the Internet. This browser hijacker often displays a different malicious link on the first page result, so we highly not recommend you to use this search engine! These rogue apps employ a deceptive software marketing method called “bundling” to infiltrate Internet browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Opera, Mozila, Safari and edge. This site will display many different error or caution message every time you try to close it and often will try do download more viruses on your computer.
Browser hijacker like Go.myquery.net can be installed with other free program what you get from the Internet or if your system already infect with another virus. Always check a very additional options and never allow app install with “Custom” options. One simple rule can protect your computer from virus attack in the future.
As you can see the “popularity” of this site mean that this hijacker infect million computer all over the world already. Be really careful if you notice this site in your browser.
This site, like many other browser hijackers will bring mess to your computer. This means that it will change your homepage, your default search engine and etc. Go.myquery.net will also track some your private information and transfer it to the third parties. Many such sites can steal some of your private information, that”s why we highly recommend to remove Go.myquery.net from your computer as fast as possible!
Go.myquery.net hijacker removal guide
Step1. Remove Go.myquery.net page from the browser
First of all, Go.myquery.net is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Go.myquery.net, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Go.myquery.net has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Go.myquery.net hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove Go.myquery.net traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Go.myquery.net!
Video guide on how to remove Betternewtabsearch.com from the system:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Go.myquery.net in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.