Gifthunter.top iPhone Winning Fraud – How to block Gifthunter.top?
Gifthunter.top pop-ups appear in the browser because the adware takes place somewhere in the system. It is important to know that such congratulations on winning an iPhone or other cool thing from Apple Inc have been done to earn money illegally and nobody of those “winners” obtains their promised prize. Internet visitors share their personal details and pay some money, as a rule several dollars only, for the transportation of the device.
If you are not sure that this is just a trick to obtain your money without possibility to turn them back, scan your computer to find the source of the adware that generates Gifthunter.top notifications in your browser. The things went wrong when you installed toll-free software without reading preinstallation agreements and fail to notice the fact of malware presence in the form of built-in tools. Continue reading to know how to deal with such kind of malicious software.
Most of all Gifthunter.top pop-ups get to your system as a consequence of mindless downloading cost-free software. If you tend to reading installation requirements, that means you may accidentally download not only the program you wanted, but a bunch of unwanted adware, too. As usual, such useless things are attached to freeware programs. On the other hand, if your anti-malware tools don’t meet modern databases, that can provoke malware to appear on your computer. To make sure your software is reliable one, that doesn’t seem to be a bad thing.
Elimination of the Gifthunter.top malicious item will go without problems with our GridinSoft Anti-Malware application. It detects and deletes all possible unwanted objects in the system once and forever. Feel free to ask about further support.
Gifthunter.top removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Gifthunter.top virus from the browser
First of all, Gifthunter.top is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Gifthunter.top, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Gifthunter.top has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Gifthunter.top hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Gifthunter.top traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Gifthunter.top!
Video guide on how to remove Gifthunter.top from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Gifthunter.top in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.