getfreegifs.com pop-ups may unexpectedly appear in your browser and start regularly telling you about the necessity to download and install getfreegifs extension. Based on our personal analysis of this trouble, such pop-ups primarily attack Google Chrome browser as the most popular one in the web today. So, is there any point of installing and enabling getfreegifs as this pop-up suggests? We can definitely tell you that you’re strongly not advised to agree with these misleading proposals if you want to keep your PC and your browser safe and clean.
In case of getfreegifs extension is installed and enabled as getfreegifs.com pop-ups suggest, there will be several unwanted modifications with your browser without your intention. For example, its home page and default search engine settings will be changed into totally strange parameters. When opening new or blank tabs in Google Chrome you will instead keep facing some third-party sites that cannot be considered as genuine search engines. Furthermore, your browser may start regularly producing the wide range of intrusive pop-ups and experiencing numerous redirection issues. All such side effects are the consequence of getfreegifs enabled. Thus, getfreegifs.com pop-ups are definitely not safe.
getfreegifs.com is a hint to tell you about computer infection. Generally, people receive common alerts after they install cost-free software with interconnected adware or PUP (potentially unwanted program). It doesn’t happen because people have a direct intention to do it but they fail to control everything getting in their computers. Then, hackers steal their identity by sneaking personal data and money. We claim that all this rubbish got to your PC from shady sites where you download utilities. Read EULAs (End User License Agreements) attentively and control what you install. If it is a difficult task for you, and that is really so, use helpful software to detect and delete the threats. In any case, the problem is urgent, and you need to do something or you will certainly have even more troubles further.
As a remedy to get rid of getfreegifs.com pop-ups, getfreegifs extension and associated malware from your PC we strongly advise that you thoroughly scan your computer with the proven anti-malware tool as explained in the guide below. Note that you will need to scan your system with it, delete all detected items and, finally, reset the settings of all your infected browsers with its help.
getfreegifs.com removal guide
STEP 1. Remove getfreegifs.com virus from the browser
First of all, getfreegifs.com is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by getfreegifs.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and getfreegifs.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that getfreegifs.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove getfreegifs.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed getfreegifs.com!
Video guide on how to remove getfreegifs.com from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with getfreegifs.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.