witchcraftcash.com is a website which claims to provide plenty of free applications to the web surfers to download. Such domains may provide Multimedia and Audio, Education, Business, Entertainment, Development, Desktop, Games, Network and Internet, System Utilities, Security and Privacy, Graphic software, and Web development related programs categories to choose freeware from. Although, you should never believe that the web portal is secure or reliable. In fact, witchcraftcash.com can start quite distrustful activities onto the infected machine. So, let us explain our security analysts to you what kind of website it is and how it operates.
What makes witchcraftcash.com web portal so annoying? Although, there are various reasons for that. First of all, it is a shady website which is specifically known for silent installation of adware programs that do not require the direct permission from the users. witchcraftcash.com also promotes the suspicious download links that are identified as highly unreliable links.
witchcraftcash.com acts a bit similarly like an adware threat, that can enter the targeted machine quickly replaces the default homepage with its own dubious website. Furthermore, while browsing the web, computer users may constantly experience unwanted redirects from witchcraftcash.com to strange or even infected web pages that may be filled with sponsored links and intrusive ads or suggestions to install various freeware or shareware. According to the cyber security experts, this web portal is highly unreliable and it should be removed from an infected machine just upon its detection.
witchcraftcash.com hijacker removal guide
STEP 1. Remove witchcraftcash.com virus from the browser
First of all, witchcraftcash.com is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by witchcraftcash.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and witchcraftcash.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that witchcraftcash.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove witchcraftcash.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed witchcraftcash.com!
Video guide on how to remove witchcraftcash.com from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with witchcraftcash.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.