Are you among those whose default homepage and search engine have been replaced by weemi.com? If yes then you are clarified that your PC is no more infection free. It has been infected by a malware program. This malware is categorized as a browser hijacker because of three major factors: First is it installs itself inside the computer silently without your permission; second is it alters your web browser settings and last is it tracks your online activities.
weemi.com hijacker spies on your every web actions; what and where you are buying, your interests, needs etc. and then sells these information to third parties who then promote their products and services of your interests via weemi.com. It is important to mention that this information may include your personal and financial data like bank account and credit card details, thus it is very much possible that they can cause a serious identity theft or online robbery. You would not want to throw your credential data to crooks’ hand and lose your money.
weemi.com affects all your web browsers, from most popular to newest; any browser can get infected by this hijacker. Apart from replacing homepage and search engine, this nasty program bombards tons of annoying ads and pop-ups on the PC screen which makes your browsing session very complex. Each web page you are in, you will constantly get irritating advertisements, some of them generate traffic for their partners’ web pages, and some ads may contain malware infections. By clicking on them, malicious application may get downloaded and installed inside the computer which can ruin it badly. Presence of weemi.com inside the system leads to many PC threats. Some most commonly used functions like MS Office, command prompt, video and audio player, games etc. will unable to work properly. Many essential files and documents kept on internal memory are messed up; you will find some of them are missing too. As long as this malware stays inside the computer, it keeps performing its evil tasks inside the PC and damaging it badly.
Step by step instructions how to remove weemi.com virus.
STEP 1. Remove weemi.com virus from the system
First of all, weemi.com is a browser extension, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove weemi.com virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying weemi.com browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove weemi.com virus from your browser
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove weemi.com from your system completaly:
STEP 3. weemi.com prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with weemi.com virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.