Get rid of Web-fast-access.com page in minutes
Whereas Web-fast-access.com web page proper does not exhibit any clearly malicious behaviors, the underlying processes on the software level are intrusive by all means. People don’t visit the site of their own free will, but they get redirected to it instead. The entity that triggers the browser rerouting process is a hijacker that intrudes on PCs in a covert way. This issue is therefore isolated to computers attacked by the redirect virus. As part of the compromise, the unwanted program may meddle with DNS settings in order to cripple the regular associations of URLs and appropriate IP addresses. Furthermore, it will also alter shortcut parameters so that the rogue page will be opening up every time the victim tries to launch random applications.
The most drastic unwelcome effect accompanying the infiltration of Web-fast-access.com virus is the tweaking of online surfing preferences. The hijacker modifies the default search engine, homepage and new tab page, setting it to Web-fast-access.com automatically. As a result, the infected person is forced to use the imposed service without much of a chance to revert this state of things manually. The site returns a custom search page provided by a legitimate engine when the victim tries to look up a random keyword. This ramified network of sites is intended to distribute the captured online traffic so that the adware makers can obtain a maximum profit out of user leads and pay-per-click fraud.
The Web-fast-access.com virus makes it into computer systems furtively. It is assisted by numerous free products to ensure this stealth. The freeware involved in distributing the adware ranges from video converters and PC performance optimizers to trustworthy utilities like Adobe Flash Player. At this point, it’s important to make a disambiguation: the developers of these tools are not to be blamed. Instead, it’s software download repositories that create and spread custom packages with potentially unwanted bundles. Ultimately, Web-fast-access.com and its likely satellite solutions take over the whole online navigation environment on the targeted PC. Unfortunately, it’s barely effective to simply go to Control Panel and uninstall the culprit. The right fix is a mixture of more thorough removal of the infection and the resetting of configuration skewed by it.
Web-fast-access.com hijacker removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Web-fast-access.com virus from the browser
First of all, Web-fast-access.com is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Web-fast-access.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Web-fast-access.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Web-fast-access.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Web-fast-access.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Web-fast-access.com!
Video guide on how to remove Web-fast-access.com from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Web-fast-access.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.