Tweakbit.com is a Potentially Unwanted Program (possible known as adware), which installs itself on Internet browsers when users downloaded free software from websites that promote bundled custom installers. Developers of this adware use a dubious software marketing method named bundling to install the Tweakbit.com plugin inadvertently without their permission.
After successful infiltration, Tweakbit.com add-on generates intrusive online advertisements: sponsored links, banner, interstitial, videos, coupons, and in-text advertisements and possible audio advertisements. Clicking on these third party ads can lead to high-risk malware infections. Besides, this plugin tracks clients Internet searching action by recording Urls of sites went by, pursuit terms entered into web indexes, IP locations, and other data, which might be generally identifiable. This can bring problems of genuine security issues or fraud.
Browser Extensions are usually very helpful and enhance your browser experience. Since the introduction of Browser Extensions in 2010 for Google Chrome they are being used more and more. These additions, usually written by a third-party, can expand your browser’s functionality to unlimited levels. Unfortunately there are also third-party’s that use Browser Extensions not to enhance your browser experience but by enhancing their own experience by implementing add-ons that promote ads and other not useful malicious software. It is advised to follow all steps in this removal instruction to completely clean your computer and browser(s) from any unwanted PUPs, Adware, Toolbars, Browser Extensions.
Step by step instructions how to remove Tweakbit.com virus.
STEP 1. Remove Tweakbit.com virus from the system
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove Tweakbit.com virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying Tweakbit.com browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove Tweakbit.com virus from your browser
First of all, Tweakbit.com is a virus what can be realy dangerous. So, here is the simple way to remove them from your computer. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove Tweakbit.com from your system completaly:
STEP 3. Tweakbit.com prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with Tweakbit.com virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.