The first symptom for the presence of Secure-surf.net virus on your PC is the change in the browser’s settings. The hijacker resets Secure-surf.net as the homepage and default search provider on its own. You will be unable to revert back to your preferred settings. The shady program has been developed to enforce the custom settings. This is a necessity because the Secure-surf.net website helps carry out the malicious agenda. The hijacker manipulates the search results. It will insert sponsored pages amid the genuine results to your queries. The people behind the furtive tool receive commissions for supporting third party content. They use a monetizing mechanism called the pay-per-click system. People’s activity is detrimental for their success.
Be advised that the sponsored content is questionable in terms of security. The Secure-surf.net hijacker could lead you to corrupted websites, distributing malware. The same risk is evident with the other promotional technique the covert tool employs. The Secure-surf.net hijacker displays advertisements, containing bargain shopping offers. This includes sales, coupons, discounts, package deals, and other exclusives. The ads come in various formats. Pop-ups are the most noticeable of the bunch, as they appear on top of the active browser tabs. They are also the most annoying, as they disrupt people’s work. Other ads show up in the same browser window, yet they cover part of the page’s content. The floating and transitional formats exhibit this behavior. Some less irritating ad instances are the inline, contextual, and interstitial windows. They only lurk in the background.
The Secure-surf.net hijacker takes notes on people’s activity and brings targeted ads their way. If you have been looking for additions to your wardrobe, you will be shown suggestions for clothes and accessories. Technology geeks can expect to see offers for devices, while renovators will be given furnishing ideas. The Secure-surf.net hijacker does not select specific deals for your convenience. The purpose of the advertising campaigns is to raise revenue through your activity. Again we remind you that the websites the ads lead to are risky.
Step by step instructions how to remove Secure-surf.net virus.
STEP 1. Remove Secure-surf.net virus from the system
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove Secure-surf.net virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying Secure-surf.net browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove Secure-surf.net virus from your browser
First of all, Secure-surf.net is a virus what can be realy dangerous. So, here is the simple way to remove them from your computer. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove Secure-surf.net from your system completaly:
STEP 3. Secure-surf.net prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with Secure-surf.net virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.