Developers present Search Tab New for Chrome as a legitimate search engine that is supposedly unleashed to enhance online search experience of users but in reality, it takes advantages of your online browsing activities to generate online advertising commission. Indeed, it arrives on your computer as unwanted browser extension. It collects your credentials like name, email, phone number, browsing habits, visited URLs, online shopping, credit card number, online recharge details and sends it to the remote location (also known as command and control (C&C) server). Later on, server operators sell out you data with interested third parties like advertisers or cyber criminals in order to get paid a huge amount.
Search Tab New for Chrome invades your PC through freeware installation, alters your Windows registry entries and obtains Administrative privilege for starting its malicious process each time Windows starts without your consent. Moreover, in order to redirect your web browser to paid links (malicious links), it replaces your default search provider and disables Safe Content Policy option of your infected web browser. Afterwards, you see a countless advertising banners, pop ups, slides, flash videos and more while visiting webpages.
To prevent Search Tab New for Chrome assails, first of all, you have to stop installing suspicious extensions, add-ons, plug-ins or toolbars on your web browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Opera and others. Most significantly, you have to keep highly reputed Anti-spyware software installed and updated on your computer always. Kindly, do not rely on Demo or trial version Anti-spyware software in order to get real time protection against Search Tab New for Chrome and other identical threats.
Search Tab New for Chrome hijacker removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Search Tab New for Chrome virus from the browser
First of all, Search Tab New for Chrome is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Search Tab New for Chrome, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Search Tab New for Chrome has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Search Tab New for Chrome hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Search Tab New for Chrome traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Search Tab New for Chrome!
Video guide on how to remove Search Tab New for Chrome from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Search Tab New for Chrome in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.